:: INGREDIENTS ::
- 2-3 large russet potatoes
- Canola oil
:: PREPARATION ::
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast potatoes until they reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees F.
- Let them cool to room temperatures and then refrigerate them overnight.
- The next day, peel them and then grate with a box grater. Season lightly with salt.
- Use an ice cream scoop to form little balls (you gotta really jam it in there!)
- Put the balls on a baking sheet and freeze overnight.
:: TO FRY ::
- Heat a few inches of the canola oil in a REALLY DEEP, BIG POT to 350 degrees F.
- Using a big slotted spoon, gently lower the balls straight from the freezer into the hot oil.
- Let them fry for a few minutes until they are golden brown.
- Carefully remove and place on paper towels to drain the excess oil. Season with salt.
- Once more — BE CAREFUL!